24 December 2010

Birthday Adventure December 2010

Saturday 18th December 2010

I sat alone at the restaurant, feeling all touristy and all.
Taking pictures of food, texting friends, just taking it all in.

I walked up to the Vodacom shop to get wap settings to browse the internet on the road. I withdrew some cash from the Standard bank to pay my accommodation.
That Saturday there were quite a few weddings taking place around the city. I snapped a few pics as I passed the church on Avenida Julius Nyerere.


Church wedding

I couldn't navigate the way to the beach on my own this time. I passed time taking pictures outside the hotel Avenida, the trees, and at the internet cafe while waiting for Ivan to arrive.


Hotel Avenida on Julius Nyerere Avenida


Marina


Chill spot under palm trees


AfroIvan, Facebook Fiend!

We left the internet shop and went to the market in Musseu. I'd had some Fejoaida from a restaurant in Cape Town and wanted to try some here. It wasn't the same. The Cape Town Fejoaida was better.


Fejoaida


Shima


Fejoaida and Rice - Ivan

I tried some coconut juice, took a few sips, and gave the bulk of it to Ivan as I couldn't finish it- haven't acquired the taste for it.

First sip...ummmmmm...


"it's...umm..I dont know..." *scratching neck*


"You can have it all, Ivan. Sharing is caring, friend!"

All the xappa's were full, headin towards the beach. After I'd found the guts to squeeze into one, we travelled to Costa do Sol.


Costa do Sol: the place where the trees grow on the sandy ocean shores.


The AfroArtist


Vuyo, immortalised in Maputo sand


Ivan, "self taken portait"


Ivan, Vuyo

We met a guy with a soccer ball, what began as just passing around the ball with Ivan and guy with soccer ball ended up with 4 extra people (including me) playing a mini match until the sun disappeared.

We frolicked in the warm water in the dark, and took the xappa to the PiliPili shop. We went on to the Cultural art center in Patrice Lumumba Avenida, they were having an end of year party and we were in luck to get some free punch.
There was a photo exhibition about Maputo and Paris. I met Feliz, and Laos who work there. We danced a little bit before i hit the sack at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers