24 December 2010

It's ma birthday yay

Sunday 19th December 2010

On my birthday, I wore my birthday dress- a long, flowing, white dress. I walked towards the beach on Julius Nyerere Avenida, the walk felt sooo long.
I had a solo brunch at the Caipirinha restaurant.


Julius Nyerere Avenida

I went back to the Base, and rested a bit. By this time my left foot had developed a helluva sore blister just below the toes.



I sat on the balcony at the Base, contemplating: To burst the blister or not to burst the blister.
And when I'd decided to burst it open, I just didn't have the courage to do it. But I did.

Ivan arrived and we took the bus to somewhere farm-like to record music. The area had dirt roads, goats and chicken in perpenity (lol).


Ivan feeding the ducks

We got into the make-shift studio, the guys started flowing to the beat made by Nangu. Ivan contributed his voice and message in his 'ragga muffin-Old Dirty Bastard-Pitch Black Afro' tip!


Ivan's lyrics

The last guy to record was doing the chorus, and it was amazing for me to see how all the different pieces they had recorded seperately gelled together.
It was a beautiful experience to hear this song being recorded, when I heard the chorus I was convinced it was going to be an INFINITE HIT song.
It was my first time being in a studio recording.
The song is called, "Smela Bom Som" meaning The Smell of a Good Sound.


This is the studio the future hit song SMELA BOM SOM was cooked, can you smell the good sound?

I feel great to have been part of this awesome experience, can't wait to hear the finished version!

2 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers