21 January 2011

I wanted to kiss God. I really did!

I wanted to kiss God as we sat together on that bench I'd chosen at the Company Gardens.
I'd gone there to pass time while waiting for Max to arrive with my book (AfroConscious). I chose a bench off the busy part of the gardens, there were the homeless laying on the grass and not many people around.
I had some food I hadn't finished from my lunch with Mariam. I nibbled on it but it was cold by now and unappetising. I closed the container and planned to give it to the homeless.
At the corner of my eye, this man came towards me. I was busy on my fone, checking Facebook. I thought he was passing, but he spoke to me, asked to join me on the bench.
He was tall, dark, handsome, well built and well spoken.
We did the small talk, and then we talked of the homeless condition.

Then the next we discussed my relationship status, which was quite a mess. He asked many involved questions and I have no qualms talking about myself to strangers. He challenged my viewpoints, and offered different insights.

He asked me what I wanted in a man. I said monogamy. He didn't know what the word meant.
I told him I want a faithful man, and that it hurts my feelings when I'm regarded as an Option. Naturally, he had an answer for that too, and made an analogy of when one applies for a work post then is considered for interview.
Then some companies allow you to perform on a probation period to see how one performs. He likened that procedure to relationships.
You have to give one a chance to see how he/she treats you and maybe you will discover that you like this more than you current relationship.

Then we talked about Africa. He's appalled, as a foreigner, at the state blacks live in SOUTH AFRICA. Coming from a different country, he says he had a different view of our country. He could not believe that people stayed in shacks. He says in Zimbabwe you wont find even one person staying in a shack. He stated that Black South Africans had become docile
He told me to be a critical writer in AfroConscious as there are enough entertainment writers out there.

Then Max called, I stood up and said goodbye. I lingered around a bit longer. And he never asked to meet me again, or to take me out, or even ask my number. Then I knew he was God. I walked briskly, and didn't look back to see whether he was still there.
I came out feeling grounded from that solid 2hour conversation, I am grateful!

God comes in many shapes, shades and sizes.
God visited me twice in two successive days. Yesterday his name was Simon from Zambia. And the night before that, he came in the form of Sizathu, and had me questioning my recent actions and what I have been accepting from other people in relationships.

Please, do not accept less that what you are really worth was my lesson!

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger

Followers