13 January 2011

Letting go

After I'd gotten my heart bruised, I was dazed and disorientated.
I became a shadow of myself, my voice and emotions trapped within my caged ribs.

We had been 'friends' for a while. I respected him, and had the feeling that it was mutual.

Alas, I got the wrong end of the stick.
I accepted his gracious offer with naiveté.
He was good looking, had the voice of an angel, can you blame me for believing?

I'm shallow, and looks do factor high for me.
Then, I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

I guess I had to go through that experience so that I could wise up to the realities of life and love.
Then, I let go!

II

When I had let go, my eyes gained sight. They followed him around, his personality - large and attractive.

I stood in front of him, we spoke, we gelled, we liked.
He repeated my name several times in the conversation.
I stood up and left, smiling.

Outside the building, he came up behind me as I left. I didn't say NO.

I jumped in, head first. Similar to the way Elizabeth Gilbert (JULIA ROBERTS) describes jumping from her ex husband (BILLY CRUDUP) to the next guy (JAMES FRANCO, so hot).

'like a cartoon, you jump into a tiny cup and you disappear, fully.'

I am Elizabeth Gilbert of Eat Pray Love, and I guess that makes you my James Franco!
Now, I just need a bike, and a Brazilian guy to run me off the road and to fall into love.

I let go. I ditched my expectations, and my set of 'deal-breakers.' I overlooked the differences, and basked in the similarities.

My eyes opened to see past the physical to behold a beautiful soul. Just as in the case of my aforementioned 'friend' whom I thought to be an upstanding guy. Boy, was I wrong about that.

I am unimaginably happy, recognising that I'm at my most vulnerable stage now. I only needed comfort and a little tenderness.

After the pain, the sunshines again.
I still feel love for you, my James Franco. I love you enough to let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers