02 October 2011

Let there be life!

Apprehension, that is the feeling I’ve always held when it comes to thoughts regarding motherhood.
I could not imagine myself in the role, and wearing the cap of “mother”. But, some things happen whether you invite them into your life or not.
Although, procreation is not something that happens by some random act of a faraway god or by accident. Even when it is unplanned, there is always choice by the two parties involved.

As stated in my previous writings, more specifically “the circle of life”, I had an idealistic childhood. Although it was for a short while. When that family foundation crumbled, I crumbled along with it, falling into its gaping cracks.

That experience caused the apprehensive feelings towards motherhood, and the thought of creating family structure that may be thriving at one point, and disintegrating at the next. The thought scared me and I was willing to happily live a life alone.

But destiny had other designs for my life. I am not less apprehensive now, but ever since I had that ultrasound scan done, and saw that little heart beating within my womb, I was filled with a little bit of courage.

At this point, there is no turning back, the journey has commenced. Life has been created and grows within my womb. I embrace the process, the change, accompanied by joys and pains. I accept the challenges ahead.

My unborn child, I welcome you, and I love you. I wish you the best health and success. I believe our relationship will only improve me, making me a better person.

Thank you for choosing me on your journey. Let there be life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers